Raid 27 March 20:00 GMT

Past events / Archive of scheduled events.
May be read by: Public+

Moderator: Leaders

Claretta

Re: Raid 27 March 20:00 GMT

Post by Claretta »

We need another tank to sign to do this run.
Claretta

Post by Claretta »

So far we can't meet the team requirements. Unless more people sign in the next 6 hours, this will have to be cancelled.

So far we have

Tanks: Torniquet, Riora, Kisshoten
Fist healer: Riora, Kisshoten
Leecher: Riora, Kisshoten, Claretta
AoE DPS: Kisshoten, Claretta

There aren't enough people experienced at the above roles to make this raid possible.

As a side note, being able to do one of those roles is the surest way you won't be put on reserve. The raid usually has the same people get in every time while others sit out because they're needed to fill these roles.
BrokenPieces
Twitter: stygianbrood

Post by BrokenPieces »

Ok, but how do you get an experience if you're in reserve? Can't really see the way to learn to tank it without actually filling the role. :(
All stories are lies. But good stories are lies made from light and fire. And they lift our hearts out of the dust, and out of the grave.
Xanax200mg

Post by Xanax200mg »

Tanking is not a role for me... but I think I could fill AOE DPS (that's AR / blood right?) and Leecher.
I have never tried, but I guess it shouldn't be too hard?
Real Life is a pay2win!
BrokenPieces
Twitter: stygianbrood

Post by BrokenPieces »

Then how about assigning roles to new members who declare to learn the specific role? Maybe another type of event, like noob raid?
All stories are lies. But good stories are lies made from light and fire. And they lift our hearts out of the dust, and out of the grave.
Uragon
Commander

Post by Uragon »

Learning is quite easy really: Read the guides in our forum, have one of the suggested builds for it and then sign up as "I'd like to learn to do xyz. I'm familiar doing abc". We can only have a certain number of critical roles be learners in any raid obviously, but that's part of running a "production" raid. :)
Riora

Post by Riora »

BrokenPieces wrote:Then how about assigning roles to new members who declare to learn the specific role? Maybe another type of event, like noob raid?
I learned to tank just a few raids ago, because a number of our tanks quit or moved to the NA raid.

All I did was sign up with 'would like to learn x, can fall back on role y', and then we took a reserve tank who would take my place should I fail. We generally give new tanks a number of tries and if we wipe repeatedly (like, a lot), we switch, and then they can try again next raid until they've learned.

Then we took in another new tank last week, who also got in on their very first signup precisely because they were a tank.

Basically, just sign up with a tank, and bring a back-up DPS build or something.
Minariel

Post by Minariel »

Signing as tank or DD :)
Claretta

Post by Claretta »

BrokenPieces wrote:Then how about assigning roles to new members who declare to learn the specific role? Maybe another type of event, like noob raid?
I'm happy to do so if people actually do.
Claretta

Post by Claretta »

I'm happy we got this down today. The problem is if we take in learner spots in a raid and have nothing to fall back on, then there's a good chance the raid won't finish.

The best way to train someone in the ranged DPS role for example is to have them do it alongside someone else, not have them do it on their own.