Raid Thursday 3 April 19:00 GMT

Past events / Archive of scheduled events.
May be read by: Public+

Moderator: Leaders

Claretta

Re: Raid Thursday 3 April 19:00 GMT

Post by Claretta »

Claretta - Leech
Mellified - DPS
Weigelia - Buff DPS
Riora - Tank
Torniquet - Tank

Kisshoten - add DPS
Uragon - Healer
RealLifeSux - DPS
Elil - DPS
Shivelamouse - DPS
Elil

Post by Elil »

Just to check I'm not having a moment... this is at 8pm for me isn't it?
Dauntless the slug-horn to my lips I set,
And blew “Childe Ellie to the Dark Tower came."
Kisshoten

Post by Kisshoten »

Elil wrote:Just to check I'm not having a moment... this is at 8pm for me isn't it?
Yes, your old Thursday's raiding time.
Claretta

Post by Claretta »

Easy way to check is it is at the next Flappy window from now, so the portal in Agartha is counting down to it. But won't be delaying this raid for Flappy. Flappy's been around long enough, and will be around another one and a half months, so we can afford to skip one a week in the interests of getting NY down.
Uragon
Commander

Post by Uragon »

Fingers crossed though that we'll not get the big lag spikes that were associated with doing anything else than flappy during the flappy window of opportunity.
Riora

Post by Riora »

So that was really fun! Cir and I tried DPStanking with confuse and after some flailing around (mostly on my part), it was supersmooth. No doublestacks, excellent timely switches, and high DPS. Behold!

Yup, our raid went leech > tank > tank > DPS... :P
Claretta

Post by Claretta »

The most important thing is that everyone survives. The raid is easy if people can do that. So everyone that stays alive does a good job. :) I understand there were some lag issues, though.

Still not keen on postponing the raid for Flappy, though. THERE IS NO FLAPPY.
Katelin
Leader
Twitter: @Nine_Swords
Timezone: UTC+01:00

Post by Katelin »

Riora wrote:So that was really fun! Cir and I tried DPStanking with confuse and after some flailing around (mostly on my part), it was supersmooth. No doublestacks, excellent timely switches, and high DPS. Behold!

Yup, our raid went leech > tank > tank > DPS... :P
wow, cannot wait to try this with you too then, Riora - even if I have no chance of getting as high as you :) What stats did you run with? I have a feeling your Crit Power is gonna be much higher than I am currently able to get.
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
They would do the same for you.
Riora

Post by Riora »

Katelin wrote:wow, cannot wait to try this with you too then, Riora - even if I have no chance of getting as high as you :) What stats did you run with? I have a feeling your Crit Power is gonna be much higher than I am currently able to get.
Stats were 3,5k AR, 810 Pen, 650 Hit, 630 Critpower, 90 Block (<- because I haven't yet created the last custom talisman for raid-tanking) + Pen/CP Anima. As long as you're second-highest threat, it should be okay :) The only problem that might arise is if we get a 4k+ DPS (*glances at Ciritty*) but I think we can solve that problem by slotting Stoicism!

The great thing about that tactic was really that I was basically a Blade/Fist meelee DPS, just with different passives and hitting mass confuse every 30 seconds.

The build I used, if you're interested, I'm fairly certain Cir used a similiar one...

Actives:
1. Blade Torrent <- For extra aggro we decided to go with the AOE builder; we would have gotten 200-300 more DPS with a ST builder
2. Tear 'em Up
3. Dancing Blade
4. Surging Blades
5. Mass Confuse
6. Provoke <- we took it in case of doublestacks, but proved entirely unnecessary. Will replace with Sling Blade for MOAR DEEPS
7. Master's House/Stoicism if extra aggro is needed
8. Crack

Passives:
1. Agitator
2. Breakdown
3. Perfect Storm <- again, chosen for moar aggro, Shoot 'em Up would obviously be better deeps
4. Iron Maiden
5. Elemental Force
6. Brawler
7. Seal The Deal
8. Whiplash

Personally, I recommend Sword/Fist over Hammer/Fist. Getting high DPS with Sword is MUCH easier, while Hammer requires you to manage momentum.
Last edited by Riora on Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Katelin
Leader
Twitter: @Nine_Swords
Timezone: UTC+01:00

Post by Katelin »

Thank you for posting. I havent tried Sword/fist before - but do have a 10.4 raid fist now. If I did run this sort of build with you, as I assumed - my crit power would be lower than yours, so I am not sure how balanced our agro would be. Interested in trying on a day I am in the team and noone minds having a few hiccups at the start - I would love to help contribute more DPS as tank to help push us towards the point where more people can get their 5 mins achievement.
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
They would do the same for you.