Raid Thursday 3 April 19:00 GMT

Past events / Archive of scheduled events.
May be read by: Public+

Moderator: Leaders

Riora

Re: Raid Thursday 3 April 19:00 GMT

Post by Riora »

I can easily lose 180 Critpower for more Block and health, and lower my AR to 3k that way, too.

But honestly, most of my Critpower comes from my Laceration signet and my Ferocious augment. Even with low-ish critpower, I am certain you can reach ~2k DPS, which will be close enough to reliably switch aggro :)
Torniquet

Post by Torniquet »

Katelin wrote:Thank you for posting. I havent tried Sword/fist before - but do have a 10.4 raid fist now. If I did run this sort of build with you, as I assumed - my crit power would be lower than yours, so I am not sure how balanced our agro would be. Interested in trying on a day I am in the team and noone minds having a few hiccups at the start - I would love to help contribute more DPS as tank to help push us towards the point where more people can get their 5 mins achievement.
I think this setup works better for you to practice with than the hammer setup!

It's much more forgiving and reliable aggro wise which was causing problems earlier :x

But Elemental force is very important and i recommend this addon - http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=77735
kadyn

Post by kadyn »

Doesn't EF on tank still mess up EF display for leech healing? Unless my mod is just out dated.
Riora

Post by Riora »

kadyn wrote:Doesn't EF on tank still mess up EF display for leech healing? Unless my mod is just out dated.
That's with Eth's. Bella's mod does not mess up like that.

Also, even if leechers got screwed by EF on tanks, EF on tanks is still definitely worth it. ~2,5k DPS each is nothing to sneeze at, and it offsets whatever loss the leecher may suffer from missing the occasional forcecrit.

EDIT: Just went into testchamber and parsed on dummies, once with EF, and once with Twist The Knife

EF:
(01:20) Combat Hologram: 2576 YOU-Dancing Blade-4863
YOU | 2576

No EF:
(01:12) Combat Hologram: 1729 YOU-Tear 'Em Up-3670
YOU | 1729

So yeah, 700 DPS difference. There's no way the leecher loses 1400 DPS from missing the occasional forcecrit.
Torniquet

Post by Torniquet »

Also Clare uses the addon i linked :p

So no EF issues ever.
Claretta

Post by Claretta »

Eth's buff Bars is still broken, but there are at least 3 other elemental force mods around. I use Belladawna's mod, and another option is EffectsUI.

Also I was using a crit on transfuse build for that raid, and still got 3,600 DPS hmmm. Three Round Burst is probably not worth it in the raid.
Claretta

Post by Claretta »

Riora wrote:
Passives:
1. Agitator
2. Breakdown
3. Perfect Storm <- again, chosen for moar aggro, Shoot 'em Up would obviously be better deeps
4. Iron Maiden
5. Elemental Force
6. Brawler
7. Seal The Deal
8. Whiplash
I'm not getting why Perfect Storm does more threat over Shoot Em Up. They're both just afflictions?
Aberlour
SWL Community

Post by Aberlour »

Claretta wrote:I'm not getting why Perfect Storm does more threat over Shoot Em Up. They're both just afflictions?
Obviously a more tanky person would know better, but from what I have read it's generally believed that Perfect Storm generates more aggro than any other affliction, and in the absence of Funcom actually opening up the numbers behind everything, testing seems to prove the point, but I don't think it's super conclusive.
Torniquet

Post by Torniquet »

Aberlour wrote:
Claretta wrote:I'm not getting why Perfect Storm does more threat over Shoot Em Up. They're both just afflictions?
Obviously a more tanky person would know better, but from what I have read it's generally believed that Perfect Storm generates more aggro than any other affliction, and in the absence of Funcom actually opening up the numbers behind everything, testing seems to prove the point, but I don't think it's super conclusive.
It's super conclusive :p it does 4 times as much hate it's quite evident as to how much hate you gain.

It's particularly powerful in scenarios as a single builder will stop every mob hit once.
Aberlour
SWL Community

Post by Aberlour »

Torniquet wrote:It's super conclusive :p it does 4 times as much hate it's quite evident as to how much hate you gain.

It's particularly powerful in scenarios as a single builder will stop every mob hit once.
And that's why I said a more tanky person would know better. I pretty much meant, THE tanky person would know better ;), but figured Kate, Riora, Kadyn or one of our other fine tanks probably knew for sure too.

I am curious about the four times thing, how was that discovered? Is there some way to look at the actual hate gain, or was it just figured out through various tests. Seems like that would be much harder to figure out than just the fact it generates more hate.
Last edited by Aberlour on Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.