Raid Sunday 27 April 17:50 GMT

Past events / Archive of scheduled events.
May be read by: Public+

Moderator: Leaders

Claretta

Re: Raid Sunday 27 April 17:50 GMT

Post by Claretta »

Shivelamouse wrote: 1. I can do buffs, ranged dps or pod

2. The last raid I did in a span of like 2 weeks was on Wednesday

3. ...which you didn't even award points for like I asked, which makes the whole raid negligible. It took 2 hours to start and it was only 3 or 4 people from the cabal. It was more or less a pug run.

Whats the point in having a first come, first serve system if you're just going to cherry pick anybody you want?

1. You didn't state your roles in your signup, so I didn't know. As far as I know from what you've told me in game, your only raid weapon set is pistol shotgun.

2. I'll get around to it. As I said when you asked me in tells, I was tired that day. Also been busy. I agree that the people from the NA side deserve points for that raid, but I simply have not had time. The admin side takes work, and I always make sure to update it before it's needed. Might not be the same day or day after, but it always gets done.

3. It's not a first come first serve system.
Aberlour
SWL Community

Post by Aberlour »

I'll gladly hand my spot to Shive if she wants it since she says she can tackle adds. I owe her after the mess Wednesday apparently became ;).
Claretta

Post by Claretta »

Also, my attendance records say you've been in a fair few raids recently, which is why I put you on reserve as opposed to Vikestart, who hasn't been in a single raid at all, and for Naite and PuzzyCat, who can only get in once a week.

And given that we've got a completely new person in the raid, and some who are still learning, I also chose to bring along some very experienced DPS to balance that all out. I want to be sure we can still down the lurker even if 2 people die to fists in phase 1.
Shivelamouse

Post by Shivelamouse »

Aberlour wrote:I'll gladly hand my spot to Shive if she wants it since she says she can tackle adds. I owe her after the mess Wednesday apparently became ;).
No, it's fine. I was just upset that people from Wednesday didn't get points.
Claretta

Post by Claretta »

They will. I just have not been able to get round to the admin side. I'm sorry that it hasn't been updated yet, but it will be.
Shivelamouse

Post by Shivelamouse »

Riora wrote:
Shivelamouse wrote:I think it's cute you called me out for not stating my role when everybody else did the exact same thing. Get that shit outta here.
Claretta did not know your role.

She did not know.

She literally had no way of knowing short of rifling through all your posts to see if you state your roles somewhere else. Is that reasonable in your opinion? Should she have done that?

Yes, the people who have been raiding with Claretta for months are neglectful in stating what roles they do because, again, they have been raiding with her for months and she simply knows. That does not mean it's not in the rules. Anyone who does not sign up with all their roles clearly stated risks the same thing you just experienced.
Stop trying to justify the exception to the rule. Just stop. Saying "I don't know" isn't an excuse. I've been filling various ranged roles for the past two months. Either you have everyone post their role, or none at all.

I'm okay with changing the line up as long as there is a sound justification for it. The last time I was set to reserve was a clerical error, so I'm going to ask whats going on.
Vikestart
Twitter: @vikestart

Post by Vikestart »

Claretta wrote:(...) which is why I put you on reserve as opposed to Vikestart, who hasn't been in a single raid at all (...)
I have, under the name of Aeodus. I switched back to the name Vikestart.

Though I haven't been in a raid for a few months now because I've been busy working on TSWDB.

If you find it reasonable to cut me out with this information in mind, I won't protest against that.
Riora

Post by Riora »

Shivelamouse wrote:Stop trying to justify the exception to the rule. Just stop. Saying "I don't know" isn't an excuse. I've been filling various ranged roles for the past two months. Either you have everyone post their role, or none at all.
I wasn't justifying anything.

Not stating your role is wrong, simple as that. And I've been guilty of that myself when I was in a hurry and quickly logged in to sign up.

I was asking you to be reasonable and consider what Claretta could have done differently. Because there isn't anything. It's YOUR responsibility to make sure she knows, not hers to memorize our entire raiding roster (which is somewhere around...30 people) And that is reflected in the rules. If you break the rules, you don't get to whine about it. Just because Claretta doesn't punish us for sloppy sign-ups, doesn't mean the rules don't exist, and that they aren't there for a reason.
Shivelamouse

Post by Shivelamouse »

Riora wrote:
Shivelamouse wrote:Stop trying to justify the exception to the rule. Just stop. Saying "I don't know" isn't an excuse. I've been filling various ranged roles for the past two months. Either you have everyone post their role, or none at all.
I wasn't justifying anything.

Not stating your role is wrong, simple as that. And I've been guilty of that myself when I was in a hurry and quickly logged in to sign up.

I was asking you to be reasonable and consider what Claretta could have done differently. Because there isn't anything. It's YOUR responsibility to make sure she knows, not hers to memorize our entire raiding roster (which is somewhere around...30 people) And that is reflected in the rules. If you break the rules, you don't get to whine about it. Just because Claretta doesn't punish us for sloppy sign-ups, doesn't mean the rules don't exist, and that they aren't there for a reason.
That last line is exactly why you can't tell me "I didn't know". You can't expect me to not get confused/upset when you enforce rules whenever you feel like and then have conversations about whats being changed for the raid in the shadows. I'll admit it's my fault for misunderstanding the first come first serve thing. First 13 people, choose from that. Okay. I've always had the raid gear, I've just been changing different roles/builds around because builds have changed quite a bit since I went on hiatus.
Shivelamouse

Post by Shivelamouse »

Vikestart wrote:
Claretta wrote:(...) which is why I put you on reserve as opposed to Vikestart, who hasn't been in a single raid at all (...)
I have, under the name of Aeodus. I switched back to the name Vikestart.

Though I haven't been in a raid for a few months now because I've been busy working on TSWDB.

If you find it reasonable to cut me out with this information in mind, I won't protest against that.
It's your first raid, shut up and go have fun.