Raid Sunday 27 April 17:50 GMT

Past events / Archive of scheduled events.
May be read by: Public+

Moderator: Leaders

Vikestart
Twitter: @vikestart

Re: Raid Sunday 27 April 17:50 GMT

Post by Vikestart »

Shivelamouse wrote:It's your first raid, shut up and go have fun.
It's not. It's been a while since the last time, but it's not.
Riora

Post by Riora »

Shivelamouse wrote:That last line is exactly why you can't tell me "I didn't know". You can't expect me to not get confused/upset when you enforce rules whenever you feel like and then have conversations about whats being changed for the raid in the shadows.
Nobody is enforcing rules on you, though.

This wasn't Claretta going "mwahaha, Shiv didn't state their role, they go on reserve because they didn't follow the rules" while ignoring similiar rule-breaking from other people. This was a direct consequence of not following the rules in that this is the situation the rules are meant to prevent.

Basically, you're acting like the issue is that you ignored a "No Trespassing" sign and got arrested by cops for it while they freely let others pass. But what actually happened is that you ignored a "No Trespassing" sign and got eaten by the lion that lives in that enclosure, which the sign is supposed to protect you from.
Claretta

Post by Claretta »

Shivelamouse, the only role you've filled in the raids I have done is DPS. And from our conversations in game, you've given me the distinct impression that you're still building up a set of 10.4 DPS gear, since you had to change from pistol ele to shotgun pistol and only asked me about glyphing not too long ago. I'm not going to assume you have multiple sets of gear able to do several roles if several weeks ago you ask me wear to assign your glyphs on all your talismans.

And even if you can do more than just straight DPS, I wouldn't have decided differently.

Most importantly, you have more recent raid attendance than Vikestart, Aberlour, PuzzyCat, withProtein, and Naite.

In the time you've had 6 raids, Naite has had two. Aberlour has had 5. PuzzyCat has had 1. Vikestart has had 0. withProtein has had 2.

This raid I chose to get in people who had not been in the raid for a while, and balanced out the rest with experienced people to try and reduce any errors.
Shivelamouse

Post by Shivelamouse »

Riora wrote:
Shivelamouse wrote:That last line is exactly why you can't tell me "I didn't know". You can't expect me to not get confused/upset when you enforce rules whenever you feel like and then have conversations about whats being changed for the raid in the shadows.
Nobody is enforcing rules on you, though.

This wasn't Claretta going "mwahaha, Shiv didn't state their role, they go on reserve because they didn't follow the rules" while ignoring similiar rule-breaking from other people. This was a direct consequence of not following the rules in that this is the situation the rules are meant to prevent.

Basically, you're acting like the issue is that you ignored a "No Trespassing" sign and got arrested by cops for it while they freely let others pass. But what actually happened is that you ignored a "No Trespassing" sign and got eaten by the lion that lives in that enclosure, which the sign is supposed to protect you from.
Still trying to justify cherry picking, still doing a poor job. Just stop, like I asked you about 5 posts ago. It's not a rule, apparently. It's a courtesy. If you'd like people to post their role when signing up, that's cool. Okay. Don't make it an unenforced rule and pull it up at your own convenience.

I'm done, have good, fun time with the raid.
Shivelamouse

Post by Shivelamouse »

Claretta wrote:Shivelamouse, the only role you've filled in the raids I have done is DPS. And from our conversations in game, you've given me the distinct impression that you're still building up a set of 10.4 DPS gear, since you had to change from pistol ele to shotgun pistol and only asked me about glyphing not too long ago. I'm not going to assume you have multiple sets of gear able to do several roles if several weeks ago you ask me wear to assign your glyphs on all your talismans.

And even if you can do more than just straight DPS, I wouldn't have decided differently.

Most importantly, you have more recent raid attendance than Vikestart, Aberlour, PuzzyCat, withProtein, and Naite.

In the time you've had 6 raids, Naite has had two. Aberlour has had 5. PuzzyCat has had 1. Vikestart has had 0. withProtein has had 2.

This raid I chose to get in people who had not been in the raid for a while, and balanced out the rest with experienced people to try and reduce any errors.
Assumptions is what made this whole thing happen to begin with. Assume- Ass out of u and me.

"Sorry Shiv, we're gonna put you on reserve because these other peeps haven't really raided much" <--- Literally all you had to say and I'd say "Sure, no problem friend"

"Can you play any other ranged DPS role besides pistol/shotgun?" <--- If it was a role issue.
Claretta

Post by Claretta »

Role issues come down more to what I've seen you play in the raid.

A good example of this is the ranged DPS role. Simply having the weapons does not necessarily make me comfortable with assigning someone to kill adds. This has proven to be a good way to wipe in the past.

The only way I'll put someone on ranged DPS is if they first have played alongside one of our more experienced ranged DPS, learning when the zombies come from, and how to best deal with them. Then when I know they have that experience, then I'll give them a go at handling it on their own.

I don't mind if you disagree with this approach, that's fine, but it's in place to avoid the wipes that have come from putting newer people on ranged DPS in the past. Not only does that spoil good attempts and possible lead to hour-long raids that may not even finish, but it also makes the newer person uncomfortable if they make a mistake. It's better for them to be eased into that role, so I'll only consider anyone for ranged DPS once I've seen them be taught.
Kisshoten

Post by Kisshoten »

wow, here we go again.
First post states:
Sign-ups (First 13, team will be decided later)
Lack of reading.

Raid policy:
1. Signing Up
Sign-ups are capped at the first 13 people to sign up in the Nine Swords Notice forum for a raid. This is to both encourage early sign-ups and avoid the drama of 18 people signing up and then having to turn away 8 of them. Points will only be awarded to these 13.
2. When signing up, please state what roles you are good to do - tanking, fist healer/podder, leeching, AoE DPS, or single target DPS.
From the 13 sign ups, a team has to be assembled which can kill the lurker. So cherry picking as you like to call it, has to be done. So knowing the roles is essential.
Which is more or less represented by this in the raid policy:
5. The final Raid Team will be chosen among these 13 based on what is needed to give a good chance of downing the Lurker, with a view to getting in people who sign up regularly. The Raid Leader's decision on the team is final, however, and may be based on factors such as upcoming vacations, someone's repeated missed loot rolls and the desire to spread around points spending, ability to attend only one raid a week, and so on.
Shivel, you've lead a raid yourself, you know the amount of work and headache that goes into it. You expect Clare to know all the players and their respective gear?
She is not enforcing the "state your role" rule, but all she can do is assemble a team based on what is either posted in the sign up thread or what she knows and what's stated in the raid policy.

And this is a general remark: I hate to see time form time people complaining and "attacking" Clare on issues related to the Raid. We have an extensive raid policy for a reason, a lot of discussions, thoughts and time went into it. If you don't like it, you do not have to signup. Discuss you can in a civil way and that does not include fingerpointing.
Naite

Post by Naite »

Discuss you can in a civil way
She's going all Yoda on your ass now!

:lol:
Minariel

Post by Minariel »

signed (a little late but I can help if you someone else has to go :)
Vikestart
Twitter: @vikestart

Post by Vikestart »

I'm afraid something has come up and I'll have to pass my spot over to a reserve.

It's too bad because it's been so long since my last raid, but oh well, I'll try the next time again :P