A place for casual conversations (OOC).
May be posted to by: Applicants +
Katelin
Leader
Twitter: @Nine_Swords
Timezone: UTC+01:00

The honeymoon is over.

Post by Katelin »

When did that electric feeling leave me.. and where did it go?

You know the feeling I am talkin' about. That higher feeling of elation when you defeat the threat, send it absolutely and unquestionably off the planet and save the survivor. The excitement, the thrill ..

I know that feeling left me - it is no longer electric. The bees may be buzzing, but I am not. I don't mean to imply that the Anima stopped flowing through my being - that isn't it at all. It just isn't flowing alone any more.

The Anima gained company. It gained company in my veins, in my thinking - it is now united with a sense of duty. It grounded me, made the path forwards gain a firmer footing that I know I want to keep walking.

I have a sense of belonging that is no longer that honeymoon feeling of new and unexplored territories. Or that day between Christmas and New Year where the new present stopped being so much fun.. and you instead wish that Santa had just bought you the socks you really had wanted.

I know what to expect and I know what my duty is.

Kingsmouth continues to fight its fight.
I'm here to fight with it; I am here for the long haul with my blade in my hand.
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
They would do the same for you.
Katelin
Leader
Twitter: @Nine_Swords
Timezone: UTC+01:00

Re: The honeymoon is over.

Post by Katelin »

You know the city that never sleeps - it's quite famous. Staying awake for financial gain; Burning its candle at both ends for business.

Wish I could say it was the same reason for Kingsmouth. Kingsmouth never sleeps. It can't. Though this fact contributed towards me figuring out my sense of duty.

Many of Kingsmouths inhabitants seem incapable of doing anything other than attacking its more human residents, and those human residents are hell bent on fighting for tomorrow. Those tireless defenders would probably would love to sit back and dream about staying awake for anything other than what they have to stay awake for. The other ones.. well I have no idea what goes on in their heads.

Kingsmouth never sleeps. After you have seen its terrors, all of it in the daylight.. if you can call it daylight, the noises in the dark are amplified.. and you know what they are, you just cannot see them so well. I don't think I would sleep well in Kingsmouth even if I tried.

The residents that were "unaffected" by the fog.. well they were affected, just not in the same way. They may still be human, but what is this for a life. Those are some steadfast and determined people. As the Sherrif says, it may not be much, but it's theirs and it's all they have got.

If you travel to Kingsmouth, don't forget your sword. I got mine.
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
They would do the same for you.