Oh Which server to choose?

A place for casual conversations (OOC).
May be posted to by: Applicants +
Pride

Re: Oh Which server to choose?

Post by Pride »

Actually no. What I've read, name reservations are not only global, but permanent. So there's no need to worry about nicks ;)
Pride -> Envy -> Wrath -> Greed -> Gluttony -> Sloth -> Lust -> Pride -> Envy -> Wrath -> Greed -> Gluttony -> Sloth -> Lust -> Pride -> Envy -> Wrath -> Greed -> Gluttony -> Sloth ->
Fez

Post by Fez »

I do not think that which server you choose matters all that much. The way I have understood it is that you can use the "Meet Up" option to move between servers.

This also explains why names are global, so you cannot use the same names on different servers.
Miatog

Post by Miatog »

I thought the meet up was for sharding. If there's X number of people in say Kingsmouth, they start sharding and splitting people up so the streets don't look too crowded.
The darkness comes to far. Initiate the Corinthians protocall! The passcodes are 12 and 12! The Key is B!
My Chronicle page
Skills mastered 26/26 - Wheel completion 76.9%
422/455 lore - 259/517 achievements
Pride

Post by Pride »

That too, but the meet-up function basically makes everything except the warzones "cross server". Cabal members still has to roll on the same server afaik...
Pride -> Envy -> Wrath -> Greed -> Gluttony -> Sloth -> Lust -> Pride -> Envy -> Wrath -> Greed -> Gluttony -> Sloth -> Lust -> Pride -> Envy -> Wrath -> Greed -> Gluttony -> Sloth ->
Uragon
Commander

Post by Uragon »

Hmm, has somebody practically tested that "Meeting up" works even across servers? I was under the impression that the sharding / instancing mechanism in place basically was on a lower level than the dimensions that were available. If this hasn't been investigated, I think I might have found me a project for this evening in Closed Beta.
Pride

Post by Pride »

Well, I havent tested it myself. But read lots of reports on it...

I can confirm that you can have friends on your friendslist from other servers though! A small indication it might work ;)