NA Raid Wednesday 15 January 18:00 PST

Past events / Archive of scheduled events.
May be read by: Public+

Moderator: Leaders

Aberlour
SWL Community

NA Raid Wednesday 15 January 18:00 PST

Post by Aberlour »

Please post interest for Raid below.

Sign-ups (First 13, team will be decided later)
  1. Aberlour (Any DPS, Leech)
  2. PuzzyCat (Buff DPS)
  3. Brock as Sho-Nuff (Leech, Healer, Buff DPS, Podder)
  4. Kadyn (Any role)
  5. kithsana (Healer, DPS)
  6. Snaggy (Ranged DPS)
  7. Volen (Healer, Podder, Ranged DPS
  8. The Berch (Healer, Podder, DPS)
  9. Esthyr (Tank, DPS)
  10. Samcon (Any role)
How-to on Signing Up
Raid Policy (how points are awarded, how looting works etc)
Accumulated Points List
NY Raid Guide
Quick Guide on the possible loot drops
Last edited by Aberlour on Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:04 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Aberlour
SWL Community

Re: NA Raid Wednesday 15 January 18:00 PST

Post by Aberlour »

Don't forget to say what roles you can do/would like to do.

As an FYI:
DPS - Single-target DPS focusing on boss
Buff DPS - Pistol/Shotgun bringing DA and BS
Ranged DPS - Brings AoE (Not just suppressing fire) to kill adds
prosafa

Post by prosafa »

PuzzyCat, Buff DPS
Brock

Post by Brock »

Alt: Sho-Nuff

Roles: I can leech, fist/blood, pistol/shotgun, or pod

Question: I was reading your guide and I might want to clarify exactly how you want me to pod. I've usually done it as a ar/elemental with health and taken care of the adds as well as healing myself and dps. It sounds like you do it differently though so just let me know how you want me to gear.
kadyn

Post by kadyn »

I'll be there, any role.
kithsana
Twitter: @KitThatcher

Post by kithsana »

I can go, fist heal or any type of dps.
Claretta

Post by Claretta »

Brock wrote:Alt: Sho-Nuff

Roles: I can leech, fist/blood, pistol/shotgun, or pod

Question: I was reading your guide and I might want to clarify exactly how you want me to pod. I've usually done it as a ar/elemental with health and taken care of the adds as well as healing myself and dps. It sounds like you do it differently though so just let me know how you want me to gear.
Was probably my guide you were reading. :P So I'll explain a bit why it's written like that, though how this raid will work is more up to the NA people.

In the EU raids, we've always had the fist healer pod with 6K HP and tank stats (like 750 block). This has been for two reasons:

1. The pods can be blocked/glanced. So if a fist healer has 750 block and then also activates Martial Discipline if it looks like they're going to get podded, then they're immune to the pod damage for the first 6 seconds, and their HP will go down at a much slower rate after that than if a DPS with no defensive stats were to eat the pod. It means we can leisurely break out the podded healer when we feel like it, instead of people screaming over mumble that they're going to die. (We don't actually use voice comms on the EU side.)

Because the adds also run straight to the fist healer, having so much HP and tanking stuff means they can tank them, further reducing the need for AoE DPS. Also helps in phase 2 where the healer can coral the drakes and adds without fear of dying. With an impair like Art of War, the fist healer can also assist with stopping downfall if the tanks lose drake aggro.

2. A leech healer gets super buffed in phase 3 whereas a fist healer does not, so the leecher becomes the main healer in phase 3 with anima shots healing for 1.5K+ every shot, meaning you have to find something else useful for the fist healer to do. Podding is this use, and any extra heals the fist healer can do are always welcome to let the leecher focus on DPS.
Brock

Post by Brock »

Makes sense. I'm usually expected to solo heal as leech or fist so they can load up on dps. I know I'm always playing with my fist build anyways since the only time I really need the HR is the tyrant and last fight in HF. They usually have me pod like that so I can stay at the light pole and gather all the filth there while providing backup heals and killing the adds during phase 3. I believe I have all the stats required to gear like you prefer as fist. I'll let the NA raid decide how they want me to gear and/or what role they want me to perform. I'm always interested to experiment and try things out in a different way so I'm looking forward to the run. Thanks for the new ideas!
Snaggy

Post by Snaggy »

Signing up as Ranged DPS.
Volen

Post by Volen »

Happy to help.
Ranged DPS (rifle/blood AOE)
Fist Healer and or Podder
Have other builds too... happy to fill whatever role.