So, Elite Dungeons...

A place for casual conversations (OOC).
May be posted to by: Applicants +
Aldric

So, Elite Dungeons...

Post by Aldric »

'Sup all

Big shoutout to the cabalites who ran a couple of random dungeons with me this morning, especially Mooncide, who surely was gaming at the edge of his seat during the whole performance.
Why?
Well, we decided to test something out, and that's what I want to talk about in this little post. Requirements that have to be met for Elite dungeons. Now I have been running elites in SWL since the day they came out, so I've seen my fair share already. But this time we decided to go into dungeons with moderate DDs (one of them being only a recent lvl 50), and poor Moon, who also did not spend much time on lvl 50 yet as a healer. As for tanks? Well, that was part of the weird idea: Me. A DD. No, I don't have any tank weapons levelled, so I had to tank via pure dps... which means I couldn't really stack HP. So there we were, a tank with barely 6k hp with pots and pistols/blood, a fresh 50 healer, an even fresher 50 dd, good ol' Dez and one poor soul we managed to drag with us. Yuriksha, Samcon, thank you for joining us!

So, why am I writing this?
Well, first of all because cabalites are awesome, and then to tell all that while these dungeons do require some understanding of the mechanics (which you get pretty fast if you fail them), they are not overly demanding in terms of gear. Knowledge, in these cases, trumps equipment by far. By FAR. However, I do not only mean the knowledge of dungeon mechanics, but also the knowledge of your own build - and the potential ways to adjust it. That is maybe the most important thing of all, and even Sun Tzu said that when you know your enemy but not yourself, your victories will always carry loss. Or something among these lines.
(some exception is the Hell Raised dungeon's Recursia bossfight. That dps check is heads above all other kinds of checks in elite 1. We still beat it though.)

Bottom point being:Don't be afraid to do elite dungeons because of lower gear. NEVER. You're curious about elies? Good. But you surely want to gear up, yes? Then just say so! There are usually people on who'll join in for an elite run, fairly often a whole group can be made, too! And the elite 1 dungeons are easy enough to not worry much about your gear. A pretty fresh lvl 50 healer got a DD char through a couple dungeons, after all! And if you're with cabalites, then learning stuff is not a problem, either.

So shoulders back, and fear nothing!
At least not us. First one at Eblis gets to sparta-kick him off the spire!
Bring all your friends to visit. It sharpens the dream.

Katelin
Leader
Twitter: @Nine_Swords
Timezone: UTC+01:00

Re: So, Elite Dungeons...

Post by Katelin »

I loved reading this. Thank you for posting about one if the things I appreciate most about 9S.

You all rock :)
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
They would do the same for you.
BrokenPieces
Twitter: stygianbrood

Post by BrokenPieces »

Awesome post. :) Thanks for encouraging.
All stories are lies. But good stories are lies made from light and fire. And they lift our hearts out of the dust, and out of the grave.
LeMort
Twitter: lemortieth

Post by LeMort »

Great post, man!

Thx

LeM:)
Yuriksha
Leader

Post by Yuriksha »

Hmm. Inspirational. It about makes me go haul that blue, probably Radiant, belt out of the bank and wonder what else I can put with it without interfering with my Accurates, because, after all, I did roll a Trickster. Chaos magic keeps me alive every day. So I shouldn't discount developing tank potential sooner rather than later.

Recursia's triggerbeasts give me fits. I always run out of energy spazzing out trying to stop them.