Normal and elite mode dungeons

Old Event requests
Kisshoten

Re: Normal and elite mode dungeons

Post by Kisshoten »

Just a bump, if you need Elites. Please post in here and tell us which ones you need.
Deerhound

Post by Deerhound »

I still need Facility. I've attempted it twice, and both times my groups kept getting wiped by the Contact Core--so many times that eventually group members ran out of time that they could spend playing the game. That boss is developer sadism; I shudder to think of what it's like on Nightmare.
Kisshoten

Post by Kisshoten »

Deerhound wrote:I still need Facility. I've attempted it twice, and both times my groups kept getting wiped by the Contact Core--so many times that eventually group members ran out of time that they could spend playing the game. That boss is developer sadism; I shudder to think of what it's like on Nightmare.
Ok, because of TZ I don't have many chances to catch you online but if you see any (Zweihander) members online, please ask since we're all ahppy to help whenever we can.
Once you've played it on NM, you'll find the boss surprisingly easy on Elite. You'll burn it much faster.
Uragon
Commander

Post by Uragon »

Facility in general forces you to think outside of the box. It's the one dungeon that is actually designed to be played without a conventional tank, for instance. And yes, I would even go as far as saying that it's easier in a Nightmare team, because by the time those even try Facility, they usually have very high damage output and also have learned "the hard way" to avoid stuff. A good amount of the "easier" dungeons are actually harder in Nightmare than this computer boss. Like Machine Tyrant, the end boss of Hell Risen.
Kisshoten

Post by Kisshoten »

I prefer MT over the 5th boss of Facility NM :P
SH NM can also be healtanked. 4 DPS blasting away.

Anyway this is a normal and elite thread. Need to work on a SH NM and Fac NM guide once I've got a tank build and familiarised myself tanking them ^^
malscant

Post by malscant »

i guess this is a good place to post some questions about elites as I'm getting ready to finish the last quests. I guess my questions is when should you start doing elites ahh great concerns? I am planning on going with a leech healing bills as my main and a fist healing back up builds. are there any current leech healers around with advice? And finally what is a good way to find groups for elites slamming agartha? thanks

-Mals-
Kisshoten

Post by Kisshoten »

Ankh normal and HF normal drop respectively QL8 and QL9 blues. Those should get you started for Elites.
As for leech heal, it's great when you're well geared, but I don't know about QL8/9 drops. You can ask Durendal for leech advice, I'm doing leech healing as well now and I've spend a lot of time researching it before I started building the gear ^^

As for PUGs, you can use the LFG (Looking For Group) channel.
Something in the format of: "Heal lfg Elites", "Heal lfg Pol Elite" etc
You can also use the Ctrl+C tool which is a player search tool for dungeons. You can also set your status their for availability for elites.
And of course you can also ask in the Cabal, there are still players who need elites as well and we have plenty of players willing to help you through elites by tanking, adding firepower and explaining the dungeons.
Xanax200mg

Post by Xanax200mg »

@Malscant:

I have a pretty solid leech AR+Claw build. It's kickass for solo questing (I can survive pretty much any map anywhere alone with it with just blue gear), but the HPS is not high enough to keep a tank alive in elites.

I was QL10 full Blue with optimized gear for leeching.

I would suggest you use a full DPS or Full heal build for ELites. The problem with the leech builds is that they are not very useful when you play in a group IMO. The healer usually doesn't need the Heal bonus provided from the leecher, and the DPSers would prefer you just deal more damage.
Real Life is a pay2win!
Mystogan

Post by Mystogan »

Next week, when I''ll have finish my exams I gonna need some elites ;)

So why not a little run of elites on tuesday? I propose we start at 21h GMT +1 (Europe time). Who's in?
I cannot protect you, unless I grip the sword. I cannot embrace you while I own the sword. -- Chad Final Fantasy

malscant

Post by malscant »

Im down to my last 4 elites needed myself. Would like to run them tomorrow evening around 8-9pm eastern if anyone is going to be on around that time.