Hell Fallen NM

Past events / Archive of scheduled events.
May be read by: Public+

Moderator: Leaders

Riora

Re: Hell Fallen NM

Post by Riora »

Brock wrote:To each their own. Whatever works best for your group and what you are most comfortable with is what you should do. We run with a trinity and one impair and switch to two dps with impairs for the tyrant fight.
Not saying it can't be done; I'm just saying what is easiest. Which is generally what is best to do when you're doing a beginner run. Once you've got that down, you can start pushing boundaries.

Hell, I've seen HF done with 1 Solo-impair Healtank + 4 DPS.

It can be done with whatever configuration you like, but the off-the-charts healrequirements combined with low DPS-requirements are clues that this dungeon is designed for 2 healers. It's the devs trying to mix up the party, just like Fac has low healing requirements to encourage healtanking or just straight-up 5 DPS.
Brock

Post by Brock »

That's true and it's why I recommended the 5k health because of vine tendril. The last fight is the hardest to solo heal and you have to go all heal. I know that when I run into something and everyone starts to tell me it's not possible, or you can't do that I tend to obsess on it until I figure it out. One of the reasons I farm so much is so I can pay my repair costs while i test things. :lol:
Katelin
Leader
Twitter: @Nine_Swords
Timezone: UTC+01:00

Post by Katelin »

Naite, you have a healer build right? And I assume Elil has weapons she can use to run impairs with as DPS? If so.. the 5 of us might manage it.

Please confirm :)
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
They would do the same for you.
Naite

Post by Naite »

Yeah, I've got a heal set of talismans, mostly 10.2 drops from NM's, I have a 10.4 fists and my 10.5.4 AR so can mix up a leechy/fist build as required.

Elil should be able to find an impair somewhere on the wheel.
Kisshoten

Post by Kisshoten »

Too bad it's on the 24th. Maybe I'll join the next try? :D
Katelin
Leader

Post by Katelin »

Thanks to Durendal, Elil, Naite and Ciritty for attempting this - we got through to the last boss really quickly - just after quite a while of trying, the final bosses didnt want to die.

Next time :)
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
Naite

Post by Naite »

Wondering if a purge would remove that counter you kept getting?
prosafa

Post by prosafa »

Oh, crap, really sorry. Completly forgot this was today :(
Katelin
Leader

Post by Katelin »

Naite wrote:Wondering if a purge would remove that counter you kept getting?
Think it was like an enrage timer - did you all not get it on you after I died one by one?
Claretta

Post by Claretta »

Yeah, the only way to beat that is more DPS.

For all its fancy mechanics, Hell Fallen 6 is just a DPS check. The more DPS you have, the less mechanics the tank has to endure.

The DPS check gets potentially harsher than other dungeons because of the stress on the tank, healer, and impairer - none of whom can really DPS much. So the dedicated DPS really need to DPS, as they're meant to be doing what in other dungeons is usually spread over 5 people.