Eidolon Lair Raid 18:30GMT

Past events / Archive of scheduled events.
May be read by: Public+

Moderator: Leaders

Uragon
Commander

Re: Eidolon Lair Raid 18:30GMT

Post by Uragon »

The rainbow actually ended up in the pre-cutting footage for the videos that follow. Didn't make it in though.

Gaining entry:

Kill:
Floryn
Twitter: @DutchFloryn

Post by Floryn »

Great footage. I have some questions after watching it.

In the top left corner it says 'Katelin 1, Incarnation 1' (with various numbers). What is that?

How do you get the yellow 'Hint' and 'Stack' messages?

I see you are mainly using a 4-2-3-1 combination when healing.
3a. What's the reasoning behind that specific order?
3b. Why don't you rearrange them so you can use 1-2-3-4? (This may sound like a silly question but I would really like to know if there's a reason behind (not) doing that.)

How do you capture a video like this?

Why did that guy in the blue coat keep moving in the last bit while he was told to stand still?

Cheers,
Floryn.
"...the prosaic materialism of the majority condemns as madness the flashes of super-sight which penetrate the common veil of obvious empiricism." - H.P. Lovecraft

Proud member of Nine Swords - Leader of the Rapier Division
Uragon
Commander

Post by Uragon »

Questions 1 and 2 are related to BooWarnings, a mod that specializes in giving hints to tricky encounters. The Kate and Inc numbers are the tank damage stacks which they need to balance their aggro switching around. For me as a healer that part is mainly relevant in order to have an indication on who's likely to grab aggro soon and also how much damage they are likely to take.

The reasoning behind my healing combo is mainly based in the elite passive Empowerment. So using a consumer-builder-consumer-builder rotation will keep all four HoTs they're applying continuously running as quickly as possible and allow me to switch targets soon. Purely for single target healing output, it might be more efficient to use something like 4-2-3-1-1-1-1-1, but I like being flexible. For healing two people in parallel, the 2x4 seconds rotation definitely does better than spending 8 seconds on each person.

I use NVidia Shadow Play to capture the video, and can't really tell you about the motivation of other people to move about. I'm not a mind reader unfortunately. Would come in really handy. But maybe you can help me out there? The much more interesting question for myself was rather: "Why were there a few times when I just wasn't able to see the circle that people had to pile up on? Am I going blind?"
Floryn

Post by Floryn »

Thanks for your answers! I will give the first and second bit a careful study.

I'm not sure if reading my mind would be that handy, by the way. Some people have tried...and suffered. I guess it was an instinctive reaction getting the better of clear thinking.

And I didn't see those circles either.
"...the prosaic materialism of the majority condemns as madness the flashes of super-sight which penetrate the common veil of obvious empiricism." - H.P. Lovecraft

Katelin
Leader
Twitter: @Nine_Swords
Timezone: UTC+01:00

Post by Katelin »

You just highlighted some really great points about making videos during cabal activities

1. You can enhance your game play by seeing what mods other people use and try them out yourself
2. You can ask questions about builds etc and see where you could change your own if you wanted to
3. What I find great - is that I can see exactly where I did something really good or really bad (which is more often the case) - and I think this is really fantastic for us as a cabal to learn from mistakes and become even more wonderful when we work together in teams to defeat things like this :D
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
They would do the same for you.
Floryn

Post by Floryn »

Yeah, I haven't used ShadowPlay up till now but I sure am gonna use it more often!

BrokenPieces
Twitter: stygianbrood

Post by BrokenPieces »

That is an awesome healer's job. You saved my butt at least twice from my mistakes. Thank you!
All stories are lies. But good stories are lies made from light and fire. And they lift our hearts out of the dust, and out of the grave.
Deerhound

Post by Deerhound »

Katelin wrote: 3. What I find great - is that I can see exactly where I did something really good or really bad (which is more often the case) - and I think this is really fantastic for us as a cabal to learn from mistakes and become even more wonderful when we work together in teams to defeat things like this :D
Oh yeah. I re-worked my buffs build when I noticed that someone else was using Deadly Aim and Breaching Shot, and I can see multiple instances when I could have made better use of Greater Good, Flak Jacket and Giddy Up. I also saw how I got taken out during the kill; I was hit by a cleave before the Circles-O-Death showed up yet still jumped into the first of those.

I'd also like to point out, for future reference, that I was able to get back in the fight after my death. There is a point in this particular battle when people in the circle are allowed to do that. I was surprised to see it, but I'm not going to look that gift horse in the mouth.